- System32 is a state-of-the-art engine management system for your Experimental aircraft.
- System32 EFII kits include a full color, sunlight readable LCD user interface (The Controller) for easy system monitoring and tuning access
- System32 provides multi-port electronic fuel injection and dual high-energy electronic ignition to unleash the true potential of your Lycoming or Continental aircraft engine.
- Dual 32 bit RISC processors provide modern 3D mapping of ignition and fuel functions to allow your engine to run with greater efficiency, easier starting, and more maximum power.
- System32 is available as a full EFII system with injection and ignition, or as an ignition only system.
- System32 is fully redundant to provide the safety and reliability necessary the aircraft environment.
- System32 is the only professionally engineered EFII system designed specifically for Experimental aircraft. Don't settle for cheap imitations or out-of-date or hobby based technology.
System32 EFII Kits
Complete EFII Electronic Fuel Injection and Ignition for 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder Lycoming and Continental 520/550 engines.
EFII stands for “electronic fuel injection and ignition”. The System32 EFII kit is a fully redundant electronic engine management system for light aircraft engines. We are currently concentrating our efforts on four and six cylinder Lycoming engines and large bore Continental engines (520 and 550). The System32 kit can be used in any Experimental category aircraft using one of these engines.
The System32 EFII kit is very similar to what you would find on any modern automobile engine.
computer controlled electronic fuel injection and electronic ignition system. The system is controlled by an ECU (the computer) and incorporates a fully mapped fuel curve and ignition timing curve. The electronic fuel injection portion of the system utilizes electronic fuel injector valves that are installed into each cylinder using our Port Mount Injector (PMI) system. A throttle body replaces the typical carburetor or mechanical injector butterfly assembly. The electronic ignition portion of the system utilizes high energy inductive ignition coils instead of magnetos to deliver a very strong and efficient spark to each plug. All System32 kits are fully redundant and include two System32 ECUs and redundant engine sensors.
System32 Dual Ignition Kits
Electronic ignition systems for aircraft engines have been around for a while, but we think we have a better idea. The EFII System32 ignition is a high energy, long spark duration inductive ignition. This is what you will find on all modern car engines. There is a clear advantage in both power and efficiency when you have a long hot spark to ignite the air fuel mixture in your engine. Whether you are a maximum power person or a maximum efficiency person, the System32 ignition will benefit the operation of your aircraft.
At 2750 rpm, the System32 ignition delivers more than 36 crankshaft degrees of continuous hot spark to ensure that the fuel gets lit. This means you can push the mixture deeper into the rich range for more power or further into the lean range for more efficiency.